The Story of Stuff Project has launched the Grassroots Grants Program to support small organizations and groups organizing against water privatization and plastic pollution in the United States.
Donor Name: Story of Stuff Project
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $5,000
Since they launched, they have supported over 70 grassroots groups with nearly $200,000 in funding. They prioritize BIPOC-led and serving groups focused on water privatization, plastic pollution, and other environmental justice focus areas.
They support projects that value local community involvement and organizing, creative interventions, strategic thinking, and both defensive “fight-back” and offensive solutions-focused projects.
Grants do not exceed $5,000.
- They prioritize BIPOC led and serving groups with a budget of $50,000 or less, and focus on water privatization, plastic pollution, and other environmental justice focus areas.
- Project is campaign-focused, centering grassroots organizing, public education, training and/or capacity building that develops skills, increases awareness, and/or builds alliances.
- Project centers community-driven, strategic use of non-violent direct action that demonstrate local resistance to destructive environmental activities i.e. privatization of public water sources.
- Project amplifies community voices in regional, national and international forums and provide access to decision makers, funds to go toward travel and/or other related costs.
- Project leverages field studies and original research to hold companies accountable for their on-the-ground activities.
- Project supports growth for emerging grassroots organization i.e. seed money.
For more information, visit Grassroots Grants.