United Way of Southwest Louisiana announces the Summer Impact Grant opportunity to expand and deepen services for children and youth ages 5-18 in Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron and Jeff Davis parishes over the summer of 2023.
Donor Name: United Way of Southwest Louisiana
Counties: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $1,000
The United Way of Southwest Louisiana will allocate funds to organizations offering youth summer programs over the 2023 summer months- Summer months, which is often a time of vulnerability for low-income youth due to the lack of daily school and the support provided in a school setting. Summer Impact Grants broaden support and reduce program costs to families for summer programs and camps for children in the parishes: Allen, Calcasieu, Cameron, Beauregard, and Jeff Davis.
Successful implementation will help close the achievement gap, improve health outcomes, reduce crime, and scale programs in locations where they’re needed most.
Focus areas include but are not limited to arts, advocacy, dance, leadership, literacy, and STEM.
The maximum grant award amount per organization is $1,000.
- Proposals must be submitted by organizations registered and in good standing, with the Louisiana Secretary of State/ faith-based organizations invited to apply.
- Organizations are encouraged to give priority to households falling below the ALICE Threshold.
- Proposed projects must be designed to be completed within the date range of June 1 to August 15, 2023.
- Tuition funds must be used to assist youth ages 5-18
- Organizations must operate within the 5-parish area (Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, Jeff Davis)
- Funds must be used to provide program tuition assistance to low to moderate-income households if awarded.
For more information, visit Summer Impact Grant.