The City of South Bend, Indiana is seeking applications for its South Bend Alive grant program to reduce incidents of gun violence in the community and to support initiatives that positively impact South Bend’s young people.
Donor Name: City of South Bend, Indiana
City: South Bend
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Nonprofit Organizations/Community Organizations
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/02/2021
Size of the Grant: $15,000 – $25,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
Now in its second year, the grant will fund community organizations in South Bend that have a history of positively impacting the community through their youth engagement work.
This year, the grant will provide funding, training, and resources to organizations with a history of positive impact that have been committed to the difficult but vital work of mentoring, inspiring, and empowering city’s young people. Programming will directly serve young community members who are most at-risk of being involved in or impacted by gun violence.
The ultimate goal of this grant is to keep all residents of South Bend alive and free. They invite organizations already doing this crucial work to apply for this grant. They want to help you increase your capacity, quality, and impact. With this grant, they want to uplift organizations in South Bend and magnify their efforts to create opportunity, connections, and positive outlets for youth in the city.
- Grant award amount: $15,000- $25,000
- Funded projects must take place between December 2021 and December 2022.
Your organization MUST meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Programming is based in South Bend
- Be focused on working with young people to reduce gun violence in South Bend
- Meets one of the following criteria:
- Has documentation of nonprofit status OR submits a detailed plan of their in-progress path to become a nonprofit organization
- Has a non-profit fiscal sponsor and submits a letter from that sponsor
- Preference may be given to the following applicants:
- Prior recipients of Alive Grant funds
- Organizations that have been established for more than 2 years.
For more information, visit City of South Bend.