Altrusa International of Madison, Inc. is a women’s service club that has provided direct service and funding for community organizations since it was established in 1923.
Donor Name: Madison Community Foundation
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Grant Size: $1,000 to $10,000
Altrusa started an Advised Fund at Madison Community Foundation in 1986 to further its aim of providing service to the community. Ideal candidates for Altrusa funding are projects that support literacy and education.
Grants from the Altrusa Fund will be made in the area of literacy and education broadly defined including:
- Projects to help children and youth meet their full educational potential.
- Projects designed to expand opportunities for people returning to school or the workforce or for retraining.
- Projects for people who need assistance to succeed in school so that they are able to be self-supporting.
- Projects that foster parental involvement with their children’s schooling.
- Projects that focus on lifelong learning.
The Altrusa Fund considers grant requests from $1,000 to $10,000. The average grant is $1,200.
For more information, visit Altrusa International.