The Town of Arlington’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Year 48 Application is now available.
Donor Name: Town of Arlington, Massachusetts
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/14/2022
Grant Duration: 1 year
The Department of Planning and Community Development invites applications for projects including Affordable Housing, Economic Development, Parks, Public Facilities, & Infrastructure, Public Services from eligible applicants.
CDBG is a program of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and was created as part of Title I of the HCD Act of 1974, as amended. The primary objective of Title I is the development of viable urban communities, which are achieved by providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanded economic opportunities, principally for persons with a low- to moderate-income.
Program Year 48 CDBG funds must be used between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023. CDBG funding is made available through HUD and is subject to the Town’s receipt of funding. Access to funding for approved projects can be anticipated in August or September 2022.
- This federal funding provides opportunities to improve the lives of Arlington residents, especially those that make a low- to moderate-income (at or below 80% of the area median income). The goals of the program are to provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing, a suitable living environment, and to expand economic opportunities. The Town is pursuing projects that help achieve goals outlined in the 5-year consolidated plan, as shared below.
- Improve the Condition of Existing Affordable Housing
- Increase Economic Development Opportunities
- Enhance Parks, Public Facilities, and Infrastructure
- Increase Access to Jobs, Education, Transportation, and Other Services
- Organizations pursuing new or substantially expanded services are encouraged to submit an application. Please note that CDBG funds cannot be used to replace an existing funding source.
For more information, visit Town of Arlington.