The City of Menifee is currently soliciting applications from community organizations and City departments for funding through its Community Development Block Grant program.
Donor Name: City of Menifee
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Community Organizations and City Departments
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/10/2022
The purpose of the CDBG program is to enhance and maintain viable urban communities through the provision of decent affordable housing, a suitable living environment, and the expansion of economic opportunities for low – moderate income (LMI) persons and households.
To be eligible for CDBG funding each activity must meet one of HUD’s three National Objectives. The National objectives are:
- National Objective #1: Benefit low – moderate income persons
- National Objective #2: Aid in the prevention or elimination of slum and blight
- National Objective #3: Meeting other community development needs having a particular urgency because existing conditions pose a serious and immediate threat to the health or welfare of the community and other financial resources are not available.
The Menifee Citizens Advisory Committee (MCAC) will review the public services applications and make a recommendation to City Council who will select Public Services Grantees and allocate funds for public services activities. The recommendations and selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Consistency of service activity with national objectives and federal requirements;
- Consistency of service activity with the goals, objectives, and strategies of the 5-year Consolidated Plan;
- Breadth and depth of service activity, including number of low- and moderate- income persons served or benefitted;
- Experience and competency of the grantee organization; and
- Demonstrated need and lack of other sources of funding.
For more information, visit City of Menifee.