Texan by Nature Conservation Wrangler is a catalyst program that accelerates the very best Texan-led conservation projects occurring in the state. Selected projects are science-based and demonstrate a positive Return on Conservation for people, prosperity, and natural resources.
Donor Name: Texan by Nature
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Accelerator
Each year, organizations with on-going conservation projects submit applications to be scored against a wide range of criteria with an emphasis on proven impact. They look for projects that are beneficial to quality of life, economic growth, and natural resources in equal measures. Projects can focus on any natural resource such as wildlife, land, and water can encompass any Texas geography from urban to rural and can take many forms as shown in prior year projects.
During each program cycle, Texan by Nature selects up to six Conservation Wrangler projects to support with 18-months of program management, strategic planning, marketing messaging, metrics capture and analysis, professional content production, and partnership development – whatever is needed to accelerate the project. Texan by Nature publicly announces projects annually during the first week in April, and also highlights the projects at the esteemed annual Conservation Summit.
Conservation Wranglers Receive
- 12-18 months of tailored support
- Recognition and certificate
- Promotion via social media, newsletters, blogs, website, etc.
- Professional content production in the form of videos, collateral, and messaging
- Program management and impact reporting
- Connections to technical, expert, and industry support
- Recognition and participation in annual Conservation Summit
Conservation Wrangler Project Criteria
- Texan-led conservation
- Benefits community by providing tangible returns for people, prosperity, and natural resources
- Reaches new and diverse audiences
- Measurable conservation outcomes
- Partnership between community, business, individuals, and conservation organizations
For more information, visit Texan by Nature.