The Irving S. Gilmore Foundation is accepting applications for its grant program to support and enrich the cultural, social, and economic life of greater Kalamazoo in Michigan.
Donor Name: Irving S. Gilmore Foundation
County: Kalamazoo County (MI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000
The purpose of the grant program is to develop and enrich the Greater Kalamazoo community by supporting the work of nonprofit organizations that benefit county residents.
The Irving S. Gilmore Foundation endeavors to develop and enrich the Greater Kalamazoo community by supporting the work of nonprofit organizations that benefit Kalamazoo County residents.
The Foundation’s funding priorities are:
- Human Services
- The Foundation supports youth development; life skills; food and nutrition; public safety; parks and recreation; and other social/human services that benefit individuals, families and neighborhoods.
- However, the Foundation does not generally support athletics and only nominally supports housing and shelter.
- The Foundation supports educational programs and activities that enhance the capacity for life-long learning.
- However, the Foundation does not generally support core operations and programming of K-12 educational institutions.
- Community Development
- The Foundation promotes quality of life through appropriate investments that strengthen, unify and build community spirit and enhance capacity for innovation and growth.
- Health & Well-Being
- The Foundation promotes health and wellness programs and activities that enhance the physical, mental and emotional needs of individuals.
Requests for $10,000 or less may be submitted at any time.
- The Foundation supports Kalamazoo County projects, programs, and purposes conducted by charitable institutions (primarily public charities and governmental entities).
- The Foundation does not make grants to individuals or for academic research.
For more information, visit Irving S. Gilmore Foundation.