The Eden Prairie Community Foundation is seeking applications for its 2022 grant program.
Donor Name: Eden Prairie Community Foundation
City: Eden Prairie
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/23/2021
The Foundation supports programs that align with its mission: “Enriching the community through philanthropy, collaboration and leadership.”
Areas of Focus
- Arts & Culture – Supports programs and organizations that enhance the quality of life in the community through music, visual and performing arts, and museums.
- Education – Supports programs that provide instruction for children and adults – most often outside the classroom – which are offered by established institution or nonprofit organizations, as well as programs that offer learning or community development opportunities.
- Recreation & Environment – Supports programs that engage children and adults in activities that improve or sustain the quality of our natural resources. Also supports programs that provide opportunities for children and adults to engage in sports, fitness, and health and recreational activities.
- Social Services – Supports programs that provide for important needs for children and adults, families, or community needs such as food, shelter, safety, clothing, and assistance for people with disabilities.
- Youth Development – This focus area is less formal than the four mentioned previously, and dates to the Foundation’s 2015 establishment of a Youth Initiative, recognizing that several youth-related concerns bubbled to the top of the priority list at that time.
- Diversity, Affordable Housing, and Unemployment – These initiatives from the latest Strategic Plan are getting new weight in the Foundation’s granting process.
The Foundation welcomes requests from eligible organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Classified as charitable organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; or classified as an organization under Section 170(c)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Provides services to residents within the boundaries of Eden Prairie.
- Is part of a governmental body (such as schools or parks that serve the people of Eden Prairie).
Who they Fund
In determining what to fund, consideration is given to the availability of Foundation resources and funds from other sources. The Foundation concentrates its support toward proposals that fill an unmet need and demonstrate significant community impact, including the number of Eden Prairie residents directly affected.
What they do not Fund
The Foundation does not make grants to/for:
- Debt retirement
- Fundraising activities
- Individuals (aside from scholarships initiated or managed by the Foundation)
- Medical research
- Organizations with significant activity considered to be the influencing of legislation
- Political organizations or campaigns
- Religious organizations or those engaged in religious activities
- Requests from re-granting organizations for its own grant making activities
- Tickets for benefits
- Telephone solicitations
For more information, visit Eden Prairie Community Foundation’s Grant.