The Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region is seeking applications for its Bright Idea Fund.
Donor Name: Community Foundation for the Fox Valley Region
County: Shawano County (WI), Waupaca County (WI), Outagamie County (WI), Winnebago County (WI), and Calumet County (WI)
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Nonprofits
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/31/2021
The Foundation considers Bright Idea Fund approach to best meet the needs of the community and support its partners, they continue to be guided by personal conversations with local nonprofit leaders, research reports and the Council on Foundations Call to Action for Philanthropy.
Through December 31, 2021, the Bright Idea Fund will continue to be focused on positioning nonprofits to successfully sustain their missions by providing the three types of grants outlined below. Organizations that received a grant prior to July 1, 2021, may apply again through December 31, 2021. Organizations can apply once for each type of grant.
- Planning grants for scenario planning, business continuity planning & training/strategy work to advance Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within organizations, and mergers/consolidations.
- Bridge grants to help organizations stabilize financially through targeted general operating support.
- Spark grants to support the creative problem-solving approaches and innovative thinking coming out of Covid-19.
Focus Areas and Priorities
Its grantmaking will be guided by the following values:
- Respect: They treat the people and organizations with whom they work with dignity and respect, and as partners in shared goal to improve individual and community well-being.
- Integrity: They steward resources responsibly, make thoughtful and transparent decisions, and they keep promises and commitments.
- Teamwork: They serve community best when they solve problems together, share resources, and listen to one another, especially to those with lived experience.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: They are committed to appreciating and engaging diverse voices, removing barriers to opportunity, and eliminating disparities so that all people may thrive.
- Creativity: They embrace new ways of thinking, strive to take risks, and they encourage and support visionary ideas.
- Are you a charitable organization? If not, do you have a fiscal sponsor?
- Do you serve people in the Foundation’s geographic service area? Does your proposal meet the Foundation’s grant policies?
- Is your organization working in the areas of Arts & Culture, Basic Needs & Self-Sufficiency, Community Development, Environment, and Nonprofit Effectiveness?
For more information, visit Bright Idea Fund.