The City of Fort Pierce has announced the Commercial Façade Grant Program to support the revitalization of the commercial corridors in the FPRA district by stimulating private investment in improvements that enhance the appearance of buildings and properties and eliminate blight and non-conforming design standards.
Donor Name: City of Fort Pierce
City: Fort Pierce
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 11/24/2021
Size of the Grant: $25,000
This program is designed to encourage redevelopment of the FPRA by enhancing its visual aesthetics which will lead to increased property values, tenant occupancy, economic development and job creation. This program will complement other revitalization efforts to ensure the maximum leverage of resources and support local businesses.
The Commercial Façade Improvement Grant Program offers financial assistance in the form of a reimbursable, matching (50%) grant up to $25,000 to the property or business owner for eligible expenses associated with improving the external appearance of their business and to encourage businesses to invest in their operations.
- The Commercial Façade Grant program is available to fund eligible exterior improvements on commercial, industrial, and mixed-use properties.
- To be eligible the building must be located within the FPRA District and be commercially zoned.
- Residential and governmental facilities do not qualify for this program.
- Application will be rejected if the property has any judgement liens, code violations, or delinquencies in mortgage or tax obligations.
- If the Applicant (Applicant is defined as the entity that is completing the application) is not the building and property owner, the building and property owner must agree in writing to allow and support the application as part of the application process (per Property Owner Affidavit).
- Project must have proper City permits and FPRA approval prior to beginning work.
- Any application where work has started prior to receiving permits and approvals will be rejected.
- A project timeline must be provided with the application. The Project must be started within six (6) months from the date of FPRA Board approval and completed within 12 months of building permit issuance. Failure to do so, without an approved deviation by the FPRA, will result in termination of the grant.
- Business must meet City of Fort Pierce Business Tax Receipt requirements.
For more information, visit City of Fort Pierce.