The Catalyst Grant program, previously known as the Arts General Operating (AGO) Grant Program, is TACA’s largest granting program. Catalyst Grants are designed to be a catalyst in strengthening Dallas’ vibrant arts community and to support art that is a catalyst for positive impact and transformation. Catalyst Grants provide unrestricted funding to nonprofit arts organizations in Dallas County to use as they see fit on an array of expenses, including program costs, salaries, administration, office expenses, technology, or to meet other operational needs.
Donor Name: TACA
County: Dallas County (TX)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/31/2022
The mission of TACA – The Arts Community Alliance – is to support excellence and impact in the arts through grant-making, capacity building, and thought leadership. They envision an innovative, inclusive, sustainable cultural sector, recognized for its essential contribution to a vibrant, prosperous community.
TACA is unique in its business model in that it relies on the generous support of individuals,
corporations, and foundations to support its mission. TACA is not a foundation and does not have an endowment. Therefore, TACA’s available funding can fluctuate from cycle to cycle.
To be eligible to apply for funding, an organization must:
- Be a 501(c)3 nonprofit arts organizations as of June 1, 2020, with an explicit organizational focus to provide significant arts programming for live, public audiences in Dallas County;
- Present or produce arts programming that includes dance, literary arts, music, theater, and/or visual arts;
- Be able to provide clear financial reports documenting 12 months of prior revenues and expenses.
- TACA does not provide funding to the following institutions:
- Colleges/Universities/High Schools/Elementary schools
- Fiscally-sponsored organizations
- For-profit arts organizations
- Government entities or “Friends of” organizations
- Nonprofit organizations that do not have an explicit focus on arts programming
- Festivals/Fairs and other “one-time” special events
- TACA prohibits the use of its funds for activities, such as:
- cash prizes
- debt retirement
- loan interest, fines, or penalties
- re-granting initiatives
For more information, visit Catalyst Grant Program.