The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) and the St. Johns Cultural Council (SJCC) are providing funds for the St. Johns County Arts for All (AFA) Grant Program.
Donor Name: St. Johns Cultural Council
County: St. Johns County (FL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $5,000 and $10,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
The goal of the AFA Grant Program is to improve funding for arts programming that is primarily for the benefit of County residents as part of the Cultural Council’s mission to ensure that the lives of both residents and visitors are enriched through art, culture, history, and heritage. Priority will be given to projects from rural, poor, minority, and/or underserved communities in the County but artists and organizations throughout the County are encouraged to apply.
AFA grants provide between $5,000 and $10,000 to arts, culture, and heritage organizations with annual revenues of less than $200,000, and up to $5,000 for individual artists. Grant projects can be of any art discipline and must take place in St. Johns County, FL between January 1, 2024 and December 31, 2024 (the grant period).
Only allowable expenses may be included in the proposal budget. Allowable expenses must be:
- Directly related to the proposal, including
- Precisely detailed in the proposal budget;
- Incurred or paid within the grant period; and
- Expended within St. Johns County.
All proposed projects must occur in St. Johns County within the grant period. At the time of application, the following is required:
- All current and previous grantees must be in good standing with the St. Johns Cultural Council administered grant programs at the time of application.
- Only non-profit, tax-exempt corporations based in St. Johns County are eligible to apply and receive funding.
- All organizations must have at least three years of completed arts and cultural programming and be able to provide their last completed fiscal year’s operating budget.
- Applicant must have registered with the Florida Division of Corporations, and their status be “active,” as of the application deadline.
- Have a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) from SAM.gov.
- Have a total annual operating income of less than $200,000.
- Support to individual artists is allowable for programs and activities and is not a one-time monetary recognition award.
- Awards to individuals must include presentations, workshops, research, and/or creation of artwork, with tangible outcomes required by the grant award.
- This is considered a stipend to the artist for the work undertaken and completed.
Specific Eligibility Requirements
- Teaching Artists must
- be professional artists and educators;
- be able to provide evidence of classroom experience;
- teach in St. Johns County, but is not required to reside in St. Johns County;
- be 18 years of age or older; and
- not be enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
- Museum must
- own or utilize works of art or other tangible objects; and
- exhibit these works of art or other tangible objects to the public on a regular schedule.
- Individual Artist must
- be a professional creative artist;
- be a resident of or rent/own a gallery full-time in St. Johns County for at least one year prior to the application deadline and maintain residency/gallery in St. Johns County throughout the project;
- be 18 years of age or older by the application deadline; and
- not be enrolled in degree or certificate program.
For more information, visit SJCC.