Donor Name: Fleishhacker Foundation
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $2,500 and $5,000
The Foundation seeks to fund a broad range of arts groups that produce and present innovative new work by Bay Area artists. It strives to make grants that support a diverse array of artistic disciplines, aesthetic sensibilities, and forms of cultural expression. They prioritize grant requests that best support working artists and place particular emphasis on funding groups that represent and engage marginalized artists and communities.
Grants in this program range from $2,500 to $10,000 and are usually between $2,500 and $5,000.
Applicants must be:
- An arts and culture organization incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (including fiscal sponsors applying on behalf of a sponsored arts group or filmmaker).
- Engaged in the production and presentation of new work by Bay Area artists in the disciplines of dance, music, theater, visual arts, interdisciplinary arts, or film.
- Located and primarily offering programming in San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Sonoma, San Mateo, and/or Santa Clara counties.
- Able to demonstrate an artistic presence in the Bay Area for at least three years.
- Of an annual budget size between $100,000 and $750,000 (or applying with a fiscal sponsor with an annual budget greater than $100,000; there is no upper limit for fiscal sponsors’ annual budgets).
- An organization that evidences strong support from the community and its Board of Directors.
Not eligible are:
- Organizations and groups whose primary mission is youth training in the arts, youth ensembles and performances, exhibitions of youth artwork, and productions designed for youth.
- Organizations and groups whose primary purpose is to present historical works by artists no longer living.
- Organizations and groups whose fundamental purpose or benefit is primarily social services, health, youth, or community development fields.
For more information, visit Fleishhacker Foundation.