QuickARTS grants provide up to $500 for short-term community focused arts and cultural projects that help make arts and culture accessible to Chemung, Schuyler, and Steuben County residents.
Donor Name: ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes (The ARTS Council)
State: New York
Counties: Chemung County (NY), Schuyler County (NY), Steuben County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): Ongoing
Size of the Grant: $50 to $500
QuickARTS grants are administered by The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes with funding from the Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes.
- Grants from $50 to $500 are available. Awards will be made with the intention of supporting as many projects as possible.
- The maximum dollar amount any one applicant can request per year is $1,000.
- Organizations, individuals, businesses, community groups, and towns in Chemung, Schuyler, and Steuben counties may apply.
- Non-profit status is not required. Individuals must be 18 years or older.
- Previous ARTS Council grant recipients who have not fulfilled prior grant agreements are not eligible.
The following is an example of projects eligible to be funded by this grant program:
- Workshops, exhibits, readings, performances, festivals, concerts, screenings, and more.
The specific list of eligible activities is purposely left flexible to respond to community needs, however, a project’s primary purpose must be arts and/or cultural related.
QuickARTS funding cannot support the following:
- Projects whose sole purpose is fundraising
- Scholarships, fellowships, awards
- Retroactive funding
- Projects that already receive funding from The ARTS Council and/or Community Foundation.
The following is an example of items eligible to be funded by this grant program:
This is not an exhaustive list, however, funding can only be used to directly support the project.
Grants are awarded based on the following primary criteria:
- Artistic and Cultural Merit
- Community Impact
- Managerial/Fiscal Competence
Priority is given to the following:
- Projects that advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility
- Projects that support Chemung County residents
- Projects that pay artistic fees
- Clear, concise, and complete applications
Each application is reviewed on the basis of its own merits. Limited funds are available and awards will be made with the intention of supporting as many eligible projects as possible.
For more information, visit QuickARTS Grant.