Donor Name: Community of Literary Magazines and Presses (CLMP)
Country: United States, U.S. Territories
State: All States
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/05/2022
Size of the Grant:$5,000 to $50,000
This Literary Arts Emergency Fund is managed by the Academy of American Poets, Community of Literary Magazines and Presses, and National Book Foundation, which will respectively be making grants to:
- Organizations that promote poets and/or poetry.
- Publishers (literary magazines and presses).
- Literary or writers’ centers, book festivals, Writers in the Schools programs, literary presenting organizations, and other literary organizations.
The Literary Arts Emergency Fund will award one-time, unrestricted emergency grants from $5,000 to $50,000.
Grant amounts will be determined by the following factors: financial need and projected loss due to COVID-19; budget size; diversity, equity, and inclusion as it relates to an organization’s staff and board; poets and writers contracted with; audiences served; geographic location; and an organization’s ability to continue offering programming.
- Literary arts organizations and publishers.
- Incorporated nonprofits with 501(c)3 status OR a fiscal agent.
- Based in the United States, U.S. territories, or Tribal lands.
*Because recent financial losses experienced by nonprofit literary arts organizations and publishers have been substantial and emergency relief is limited, libraries, museums, book arts organizations, humanities councils, centers for the book, residencies, playwriting organizations, author’s homes, and organizations devoted to championing the legacy of an individual writer are ineligible.
For more information, visit Literary Arts Emergency Fund.