The Greater Columbus Arts Council is accepting applications to provide a stable source of financial support for established small to mid-sized arts organizations putting on a full season of public activities.
Donor Name: Greater Columbus Arts Council
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Arts Organizations
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 03/01/2022
The General Support grants provide unrestricted funding for small to mid-sized arts organizations that produce and/or present full seasons of performances, exhibitions and arts events. The majority of activities must be open to the public, presented at a venue in the city of Columbus, include significant participation of professional artists and have an implementation plan outlined at time of submission.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to apply for General Support.
- Registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations whose primary mission is arts and culture with at least three-years of activity;
- Have an annual operating budget (three-year average) of under $500,000 (no minimum budget requirements);
- Organization must be able to provide three-years of detailed Profit & Loss statements, the most recently completed Balance Sheet statement, the most recent 990 (if applicable), and complete a calculation sheet provided by the Arts Council.
- Present a full season of art activities for the public featuring paid, professional artists; at least 70% of the operational budget must be dedicated to these activities (this percentage cannot include fundraisers, public art, education/classes, youth programs or social service programs).
- At least 75% of public activities take place within the city of Columbus;
- Must have previously received at least one Project or Operating support grant from the Arts Council;
- Have a board of directors/trustees with a minimum of (5) members who are not paid staff.
For more information, visit General Support.