The Essex County Division of Cultural and Historic Affairs is seeking applications for its Local Arts and History Grant Program to support local arts and history organizations.
Donor Name: Essex County Division of Cultural and Historic Affairs
State: New Jersey
County: Essex County (NJ)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $500 – $5,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
- Awards generally range from $500 – $5,000. Awards may be granted for sums less than the requested amount.
- Funding Period: January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023.
Types of Grants
Two types of grants are available; pick the one that fits your situation.
- General Operating Support (GOS) Grants are available to support the overall operations of non‐profit organizations whose missions are exclusively devoted to either history or arts. Requests for funding may not exceed 30% of the applicant’s annual expense budget (change made for 2022 cycle). These grants are non‐restricted, non‐project funds. The first $5,000 of GOS grants must be matched one dollar for every dollar awarded (1:1)
- Special Project Support (SPS) Grants are available to support the cost of a history‐related or art‐related special project of the applicant. For the history grant, the special project must be wholly dedicated to local or New Jersey history, and for the arts grant it must be wholly dedicated to arts locally or in New Jersey. All projects or programs must be open to the general public. Requests can be made for up to 50% of the special project’s expenses. The first $5,000 of SPS grants must be matched one dollar for every dollar awarded (1:1).
All applicants must:
- Be located in Essex County and primarily serve the constituency of Essex County.
- Be incorporated in New Jersey as a non‐profit corporation or a unit of government.
- Be tax exempt by the Internal Revenue Service as an IRC 501(c)3 or (c)4 entity.
- If History: May not be receiving funding from the New Jersey Historical Commission or from another county historical affairs agency.
- If Arts: May not be receiving funding from the New Jersey State Council on the Arts or from another county arts agency.
- If a previous grantee: Must be in good standing through the completion of interim and final reports for past projects by the deadline.
- Be in compliance with all pertinent State and Federal regulations including, but not limited to:
- Civil Rights Act of 1964 which bars discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex and disability.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) which requires all providers of public programs and services to ensure that those programs and services can be enjoyed by all citizens, including those with disabilities.
For more information, visit Essex County Division of Cultural and Historic Affairs.