Dance Source Houston is accepting applications from eligible dance nonprofit organizations and fiscally sponsored projects based in the Greater Houston area to apply for general operating support grants.
Donor Name: Dance Source Houston
Counties: Austin County (TX), Brazoria County (TX), Chambers County (TX), Fort Bend County (TX), Galveston County (TX), Harris County (TX), Liberty County (TX), Montgomery County (TX), Waller County (TX)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/17/2021
Size of the Grant: $4,000-$5,000
- Facilitate a process that is transparent and minimizes labor on applicants and grantees;
- Provide an additional funding source to local dance organizations that currently have limited access;
- Offer flexibility through operational support that allows grantees to direct funds where they are needed most;
- Infuse Houston’s dance sector with additional funds.
Strong applications will display:
- A clear artistic vision and exhibition of artistic excellence, as defined by Animating Democracy’s Aesthetic
- Perspectives: Attributes of Excellence in Arts for Change;
- A clear explanation of the organization’s programs and their impact;
- A range of organizational models, budget sizes, dance genres and perspectives; and
- Representation of and service to audiences reflective of the Greater Houston region.
A total of $75,000 will be granted in award amounts ranging from $4,000-$5,000. Interested applicants will complete a short survey form prior to beginning the application to ensure eligibility for the grant program.
- Are a dance organization or fiscally sponsored project focused on the performance and/or presentation of dance;
- Are based in the Greater Houston region, defined by Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, and Waller counties;
- Have a documented history of creating and presenting dance in the Greater Houston region;
- Have a documented history of paying fees to local dance artists for performance-based work; and
- Can provide current proof of 501(c)(3) status or proof of fiscal sponsorship.
For more information, visit Groundwork Grant.