The St. Mary’s County Arts Council (SMCAC) is currently accepting grant applications from Non-Profit Arts Organizations for its Community Arts Development Grant Program.
Donor Name: St. Mary’s County Arts Council
County: St. Mary’s County (MD)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/01/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000
Grant Duration: 8 months
The purpose of the St. Mary’s County Arts Council is to:
- increase the county and community’s awareness of the value of the arts and how the arts can enhance the quality of both the community and individual lives
- to foster and encourage the development of the arts and artists in St. Mary’s County
- and to serve as a subsidiary of the Maryland State Arts Council to receive, review, and approve local project grant applications worthy of County and State support.
To be considered for funding, a project must be directly related to the arts. These categories are usually:
- Grants for an organization or event shall not exceed $5,000 per Fiscal Year.
- The program will take place between March 1st, 2022 and October 31st, 2022.
- Must have been in existence for one year prior to the application.
- Must have been both incorporated in Maryland as a not-for-profit and have received tax exempt status from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, Units of government, colleges and universities are also eligible to apply.
- All performances, exhibits, and/or classes must be held within St. Mary’s County and be open to the general public.
For more information, visit Community Arts Development Grant.