Capacity-Building Grants fund activities that increase an organization’s overall capacity, organizational strength, and community impact. Capacity-Building grants are not intended for individual projects or programs.
Donor Name: Quad City Arts
County: Henry County (IL), Mercer County (IL), Rock Island County (IL), Clinton County (IA), Muscatine County (IA), Scott County (IA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/31/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000
Grant Duration: 9 months
Quad City Arts recognizes that organizations must invest in their operations and capacity in order to increase their impact. Since small organizations have limited funds available to fulfill these needs, Capacity-Building grants are made available to fund activities that increase an arts organization’s overall capacity, strength, and impact.
- Multiple applications are not allowed. Applicants may submit an application in one category only. Artists, organizations, and K-12 schools may participate in multiple Arts Dollars projects, but no single organization may receive more than $5,000, and no individual artist can receive more than $7,500 from this fund.
- Quad City Arts staff cannot be paid with Arts Dollars funds.
- Organizations receiving funding from Quad Cities Cultural Trust are not eligible to receive funds from Arts Dollars Grants.
- Grantees will be ineligible for Arts Dollars support for three years if they to fail to meet any requirements listed in their grant agreement, including failure to file a final report.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Extraneous and excessive materials may not be reviewed, at the
discretion of the review panel.
- Funds will be awarded based on scores received from a community review panel, subject to approval from the Quad City Arts Board of Directors. All eligible applications will be evaluated and rated according to the following criteria: 50% Artistic Merit; 30% Community Involvement; 20% Administrative Ability (see rubric for details).
- Applicants for Capacity-Building Grants may be asked to meet with the scoring panel for a brief interview as part of the scoring process.
Nonprofit organizations primarily focused on the arts are invited to apply for up to $5,000
- Projects must take place between April 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022. Applicants will be notified by March 14, 2022.
- All proposed budgets must include payment to at least one artist or arts administrator who meets both of the
- at least 18 years of age
- current resident of Rock Island, Henry, or Mercer county in Illinois, or Scott, Clinton, or Muscatine county in Iowa, for the past 12 consecutive months
- The organization’s programs and activities must primarily be arts-related and for the benefit of in Quad City Arts’ service area: Rock Island, Henry, Mercer counties in Illinois; and Scott, Clinton, and Muscatine counties in Iowa.
- An organization may not receive a Capacity-Building grant two years in a row.
- Only organizations that have been in existence for two full years and have an annual budget of $300,000 or less may apply for Capacity-Building Grants.
For more information, visit Capacity-Building Grants.