Community Foundation of Northern Illinois is seeking applications for its Delta Kappa Gamma (DKG) Mini Grant Program.
Donor Name: Community Foundation of Northern Illinois
Counties: Boone County (IL), Winnebago County (IL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/10/2022
Size of the Grant: $250
The Zeta Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma Society International is a group of key women educators from Boone and Winnebago Counties. The Zeta Chapter has established the DKG Mini Grant Program with the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois in order to make financial awards to qualified Early Childhood through Grade 12 Educators currently teaching in Boone and Winnebago Counties.
The DKG Mini Grant Program is funded by two endowments, the Blanche Martin Mini Grant Fund and the Lana P. Smith Memorial Fund, each established in memory of a woman educator who was also a Zeta Chapter member.
This year, the DKG Mini Grant Program will make six $250 awards, four funded by the Blanche Martin Mini Grant Fund and two funded by the Lana P. Smith Memorial Fund. Criteria and guidelines for these grants may be found below. Only one application is necessary to apply for both mini grants.
To be eligible for funding, an applicant must:
- Be a qualified Early Childhood through Grade 12 educator
- Be currently teaching in Boone or Winnebago Counties
- To be eligible for grants from the Lana P. Smith Memorial Fund, the applicant must also be female.
What they look for
The mini-grants may be used to fund special classroom activities, purchase educational materials, attend workshops, or implement any other project that enhances or improves the quality of education. The project should:
- Improve and enhance a classroom’s academic program,
- Encourage creativity in students,
- Involve a broad range of students,
- Have the potential for being replicated, and
- Be implemented in the same academic year in which the grant is awarded.
For more information, visit DKG Mini Grant Program.