The Tibensky Family Academic Enrichment Scholarship will provide opportunities for students to experience the wide variety of academic enrichment programs offered by Oak Park & River Forest High School and approved outside providers.
Donor Name: Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation
Village: Oak Park
Type of Grant: Scholarship
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/01/2022
Grant Size: Up to $3,500
This program is funded by the Tibensky Family Scholarship Fund through the Oak Park and River Forest Community Foundation. Students can, for example, learn biology in Costa Rico, participate in a program in Europe, or any programs that spark students’ interest. Programs that are generally 3 or more weeks are prioritized. Participation of such programs will inspire and empower students to have an extraordinary experience in their summer. This grant will support students who may qualify to participate, but cannot participate due to the cost of a program. After the completion of the program, a Post-Program report is required for all grantees.
The Tibensky family established this scholarship to provide mentoring and opportunities like those their family received through other programs.
The grant will fund:
- Cost of the program, including tuition/program charges, transportation to and from the program and travel/health insurance (as needed).
The summer development programs must be structured and sponsored by respected organizations, including but not limited to: CIEE, the Experiment in International Living, American Field Service, American Friends Service Committee Work Camps, music or art summer camps, science or language summer programs, Outward Bound, National Outdoor Leadership School camping programs, the Road Less Traveled, etc. Grants will not fund self-planned adventures for pure tourism such as independent cross-country or European travel.
Participants will be selected by a selection committee for the Tom Neumann Memorial Summer Learning Fund, with assistance from the Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation, which manages the Fund.
Amount: Up to $3,500 enrichment scholarship
- Applicants must be current OPRFHS students interested in furthering their academic accomplishments by pursuing exchanges, field studies, trips or pre-college programs.
- The activity should be offered/recommended by OPRFHS.
- All parts of the application must be completed. This application requires an essay explaining why you want to go, what you expect to get from the experience, and how you are qualified to participate.
- Student must demonstrate financial need by providing pages 1-2 of the family’s most recent tax return or proof of free and reduced lunch.
- Recipients may be asked to share their enrichment experience after completion of the activity.
- Any activity selected by a current senior must be completed prior to graduation.
- For the enrichment experience, please attach an itinerary or description of the trip/program.
- Please do not repeat all the trip information in paragraph form in your own words on the application.
For more information, visit Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation.