The Alice and Richard Henriquez Memorial Fund and Youth World Awareness Program supports students who plan to travel internationally to work and live in a community and help to promote international peace and justice.
Donor Name: Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation
County: Berkshire County (MA), Columbia County (NY), Dutchess County (NY) and Litchfield County (CT)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $500 to $1,500
The Alice and Richard Henriquez Memorial Fund was formed in 1995 to “encourage the development of peace among nations and justice for all people by funding international experiences for young men and women in their intellectually formative years.
The Henriquez Fund has been so successful that the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation has established the Youth World Awareness Program to operate in conjunction with the Henriquez Fund. The Youth World Awareness Program is actively seeking donations to allow more young people from the Berkshire Taconic region to travel and do humanitarian work in foreign countries. Together, these funds will support young people from the Berkshire Taconic region to travel, study, or work in foreign countries.
Grants awarded will generally range from $500 to $1,500 for individuals. Larger amounts are considered for groups.
Who Can Apply?
- Students ages 14-22 who are residents of Berkshire, Columbia, northeast Dutchess or northwest Litchfield counties who plan to travel internationally to work and live in a community and help promote international peace and justice.
- Students and groups of students (ages 14-22) residing in Berkshire, Columbia, northeast Dutchess or northwest Litchfield counties
- Academic programs for credit are not eligible.
- Successful candidates or groups will be asked to speak of their experiences to their school and to other interested parties, e.g., Berkshire Taconic, the press.
- Preference is given to individuals who have not been previously funded by the program and to groups whose participants have not been previously funded by the program.
- Programs consisting of international travel with home stays (e.g. People to People or Students/Sports Ambassadors) are not eligible for consideration unless they involve community service performed while abroad.
- Grants are only available for international travel experiences (not domestic).
- Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation does not support organizations that, in their constitution, by-laws or practice, discriminate against a person or group on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
For more information, visit BTCF.