Snohomish County Human Services Department/Developmental Disabilities is currently accepting proposals from agencies to expand current efforts to promote inclusion, increase opportunities for individuals to contribute to their community, and develop support for community members with developmental disabilities.
Donor Name: Snohomish County Government
County: Snohomish County (WA)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/27/2021
Size of the Grant: $25,000
This funding is intended to delve deeper into current efforts being implemented by agencies and support their ability to build inclusive communities that will support individuals with developmental disabilities with access to services and the ability to fully participate in their community.
Snohomish County Human Services, Developmental Disabilities, is seeking agencies to implement services beginning approximately January 2022. The contract term will be effective upon the date of contract execution for one year with an option to extend for one or more additional years up to a maximum of five years.
Proposals must address the requirements listed below in the order presented and be a maximum of four (4) pages in length (standard font and margins, bulleted/numbered answers strongly recommended). Contracts awarded shall not exceed $25,000 and will be issued on a unit cost basis with each unit equal to one hour of staff time up to a maximum amount of 45 units per month. Additional funding may also be requested for technical assistance separate from the unit rate.
Each proposal submitted must address the following points in the order presented:
- How would this contract align with your current contract efforts?
- Describe the agencies knowledge of Snohomish County Services, resources, systems and needs as it relates to those with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Describe how the agency supports individuals with disabilities, and agency staff, to promote welcoming, inclusive, and accessible communities through supporting individuals to connect to their community, address accessibility issues, and provide disability awareness within the Agency and throughout the community.
- Provide examples of educational opportunities, the agency has provided that address the unmet needs of individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Describe how the agency provides opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities to become contributing members in their community. This may be done in partnership with community agencies, schools, vocational agencies, and through volunteer support.
- Describe the support the agency provides to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families to develop partnerships, strengthen relationships and build inclusive and welcoming communities.
- Describe how the agency identifies individuals with developmental disabilities, families, and community members to take on leadership roles to promote accessible and inclusive opportunities.
- Describe how the agency provides leadership and training opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families to promote accessible and inclusive opportunities.
- How does the agency increase outreach to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families that come from ethnically and linguistically diverse communities? Describe how these efforts will promote systems integration, community partnerships, communities of learning, equity, and social justice.
- Describe the amount of funding being requested for unit cost reimbursement including the number of units and cost per unit. Describe technical assistance support and amount needed.
- Describe team expertise, key staff, and resources you will utilize to meet the requirements of this contract.
For more information, visit Build Inclusive Communities.