Donor Name: NextCycle Michigan
Counties: All Counties
Type of Grant: Awards and Prizes
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/15/2021
Teams accepted into the ROADS Innovation Challenge Track will participate in an incubator experience designed to take their idea to the next level through:
- Individualized project plan development and support
- Access to business, industry and investment experts
- Direct consulting support
- Matchmaking with partners and funders
- Workshops and networking events including
- Business Bootcamp
- Project Showcase
- Investor Forum
- Private and public funding opportunities
Who Should Join
- Groups that have investable business ideas with the potential to transform how roads and pathways are constructed in Michigan. Examples of applicants include:
- Start-Ups and Entrepreneurs with Investable Ideas
- Aggregate, Cement, Concrete, and/or Asphalt Manufacturers
- Construction Companies and Contractors
- Universities and Research Institutions
- C&D Reprocessers
- Public Sector Groups such as Tribal entities, County Road Commissions or City/County Park Departments
- Teams from underserved, under-resourced or under-represented communities and cross sector partnerships are encouraged to apply.
- Pre-Startup, Start Up, Early Growth and Mature stage projects will be considered.
- Eligible projects must be able to demonstrate a direct and measurable impact to Michigan’s recycling economy, a feasible technology or business plan, and project growth potential in Michigan. The project must be based in Michigan even if the individual, business, or project team applying is not. If technology is introduced, it must be technically proven or feasible. Any material being utilized for the project is material that would otherwise be waste. Finally, the project should be scalable.
For more information, visit Roads and Pathways (ROADS).