ArtsKC and the Kansas City Film Office present: the Teri Rogers Filmmakers Grant.
Donor Name: ArtsKC
State: Kansas and Missouri
County: Selected Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10,000
Teri Rogers Filmmakers grants are for self-identifying women and gender nonconforming early-career directors creating new film, video, and digital production work in the short film, narrative genre (non documentary).
The purpose of these grants is to support ambitious projects of risk, growth, and change for the filmmaker that also make a positive impact on the community. This funding is meant to support the process of production (filming) or post-production.
Funds must specifically be used for the process of production (filming) or post-production, including:
- Location Fees
- Staffing (creative, technical or other)
- Scoring/sound mix
- Special Effects
- Color Correction
ArtsKC will award one director with $10,000, a five-year membership to Film Independent, a subscription to Movie Maker Magazine, and mentorship opportunities with professionals in the field.
- To be eligible for funding in the Teri Rogers Filmmakers category:
- Be 18-years of age or older. This fund does not fund student films.
- Applicants must identify as woman or gender nonconforming.
- Project must be new film, video, and/or digital production work in the short-film narrative (non documentary) genre.
- Applicants must assume the role of director with artistic/creative control. They must own the copyright of their production, and have artistic, budgetary and editorial control over their project.
- Reside or work in the five-county Kansas City metropolitan area (Jackson, Clay, and Platte counties in Missouri; and Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas).
- Applications from adjacent counties will be considered if the project takes place within our service area, but the five-county area is the main priority.
- Be in the early stage of film career.
- Special consideration will be given to projects where Kansas City or the region serves as character or is highlighted as place.
- Special consideration will be given to projects that prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Not Eligible
- Projects considered documentaries, installations, new media, games or interactive work.
- In addition, commercial, industrial, music videos, informational, or student work are not eligible. Music videos, industrial work and/or commercial work submitted as work samples will be removed from the application and will not be reviewed by the committee.
- Recipients of 2021-2022 Inspiration Grant.
For more information, visit ArtsKC.