Hillsborough County Neighborhood Relations is providing neighborhoods with an opportunity to enhance, improve, and transform their communities by accepting applications for the 2022 Neighborhood Mini-Grant Program.
Donor Name: Hillsborough County
County: Hillsborough County (FL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 12/17/2021
Size of the Grant: $5,000
Neighborhood organizations that want to strengthen and engage their communities for years to come through innovative and creative community projects are invited to apply. Applicants should pick a project that is creative and fun, will make lasting change, and will bring their community together.
The maximum grant per association is $5,000.
Project Categories and Ideas
Proposed projects must directly involve and engage the community as active participants and must address needs or improve the quality of life in one of the following categories:
- Neighborhood Identification: “place-making” through the creation or enhancement of assets that are a source of neighborhood pride and identity
- Leadership Empowerment: training neighborhood leaders or teams, and developing skills, for neighborhood governance or action
- Safety Opportunities and Education: equipping the neighborhood with knowledge or tools to prevent, prepare for, confront, or respond to incidences of crime or danger
- Environmental Enhancements: protecting water and energy resources, and native plants
- Health and Wellness Engagement: increasing access to nutritious food, physical or mental fitness opportunities, or health education
- Emergency Preparedness: increasing neighborhood resilience to natural disasters like hurricanes, etc.
- Neighborhood and Community Innovation: unique projects that bring neighbors together, solve a problem, or celebrate neighborhoods
- Must be a Civic Association, Homeowner Association, Special Taxing District, or Neighborhood Watch Group
- Must be within Hillsborough County. This includes the City of Tampa, the City of Temple Terrace and the City of Plant City
- Organizations must be registered with Hillsborough County Neighborhood Relations prior to applying for grant.
For more information, visit Hillsborough County.