The City of Roseville is pleased to announce Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing (HPRR) Grant programs.
Donor Name: City of Roseville
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 02/04/2022
Grant Size: $900,000
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) is a federally funded program through the Department of Housing and Urban Development. Roseville projects completed with CDBG funds since 1986 include: Public works projects in low-income neighborhoods such as: sidewalk, curb and gutter repairs, water line replacement and street lighting.
- The removal of blight in Historic Old Town through the demolition of the Roseville Hotel, relocation of remaining business and the preparation for future affordable housing development at 134 Main Street.
- The removal of architectural barriers for persons with disabilities at Johnson Pool.
- Housing rehabilitation loans and grants for low-income homeowners.
- CDBG funds can be used for a wide variety of community development activities that benefit low-income City of Roseville residents.
Types of eligible activities can include:
- Acquisition of Real Property Public Facilities and Improvements
- Economic Development
- Public Services
- Removal of Architectural Barriers
- Commercial and Residential Property Rehabilitation
- Historic Preservation
- Planning Activities
- Program Administration
CDBG funds must meet a National Objective and qualify as an Eligible Activity:
- Benefit to Low and Moderate Income Persons
- Aid in the Prevention of Slums and Blight
- Urgent Need
- The City of Roseville is also using this application process to award its 2022/23 Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing (HPPR) funding, of which an estimated $900,000 will be available to address homeless prevention and rapid rehousing.
- The City of Roseville is beginning its annual planning for the 2022 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program Year. The City anticipates receiving approximately $700,000 in CDBG funding in 2022/23, with an estimated amount of $560,000 available for program and project awards.
For more information, visit City of Roseville.