The Neighborhood Entryway Enhancement Matching Grant Program was established by City Council in 2015. The purpose is to provide funding assistance to City of Novi Homeowners Associations to support their efforts to enhance their neighborhoods through high-quality, sustainable entranceway beautification projects and to benefit and enhance the Novi community.
Donor Name: City of Novi
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/28/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000
These projects must be intended to beautify an entrance through significant and permanent physical improvements, including adding/modifying entrance signs, constructing flower beds, planting trees, and installing other related entryway improvements.
- Grant project funding requires at least an equal (1:1) match from the Homeowner’s
- Association and may not exceed 50% of the total cost of the project or a maximum amount of $5,000.
Project Policies and Qualification Criteria
- To qualify, projects must be located at the entrance of to a neighborhood, clearly visible from the public right-of-way. Eligible projects may be either new construction or installation of physical improvements or a rehabilitation of existing improvements. Examples include entryway signage, updated landscape beds, benches, and streetscape amenities. Work involving routine maintenance, installation or removal of annual plants, or other recurring tasks is not eligible.
- The project must comply with City of Novi ordinances and regulations, Novi Residential Entryway Signage requirements, and state and local laws.
- If there is an impact on property owners or other non-city agencies (e.g. road commission) written permission and approval of project from the appropriate entity must be obtained and provided.
- Projects are encouraged to be environmentally sensitive and be of a sustainable nature. The project may not include the use of invasive species.
- The neighborhood or Homeowner’s Association has not been awarded a grant in the previous two years.
For more information, visit City of Novi.