Donor Name: Brooklyn Arts Council
State: New York
County: Kings County (NY)
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $10K
This grant is a social venture Investment in arts businesses that creatively use their profits, partners, or processes to disrupt inequity and or enhance economically viable and sustainable models of intervention for social good.
$10K each for 5 Cultural Entrepreneurs
Cultural Entrepreneurs using art and industry to address social problems.
- Applicants must be residents of Brooklyn (Kings County) or operate their business in Brooklyn and provide proof of Kings County residence or operations.
- Applicants must have been in business for at least two years.
- Applicants must show at least three years of commitment to the social justice issue space of their choosing.
- Applicants must be NYS Incorporated businesses – LLCs, Corporations, Sole Proprietors, Legal Partnerships.
- Applicants should be considered Small Businesses – 25 or fewer employees, and less than $750,000 in average annual receipts.
Proposals will be considered will be using the following:
- Quality & Clarity: Narrative and budget
- Financial Health: Revenue growth, high asset turnover ratio, low operating expense ratio, etc.
- Innovation & Creativity: Business plan, partnerships, assets, service delivery, content, etc.
- Buy-in: Demonstrated community support, interest, and benefit
- Generative: Produces profit and impact
- Brand Distinction: Non-duplication of revenue model, or service delivery, or response to issue area, or target market/community
- Brand Reliability: Defined ability to successfully complete the project or listed goals/services
For more information, visit Brooklyn Arts Council.