Donor Name: Vermont Arts Council
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $2,000
Grants can fund activities that enhance mastery of an artist’s craft or skills or that increase the viability of an artist’s business. Funding may also support aspects of the creation of new work when the activity allows the grantee to accept a rare and important opportunity.
Eligible expenses for such activities include, but are not limited to:
- advanced study of technique or practice with a mentor
- attending a professional conference to build business or artistic skills or knowledge
- contracting professional services including photographic documentation of work, contract preparation or business incorporation, creation of accounting systems, developing e-commerce on a website, creation of marketing materials, etc.
- marketing, planning, purchasing some materials, or renting studio space (outside of your own home) to create new exhibitions or performances
- travel within the United States
You may apply for any amount up to $2,000—they strongly encourage applicants to apply for the LEAST amount of funding necessary for their request.
Individual Vermont artists who:
- have been residents of Vermont for a minimum of one year prior to the application deadline and are residents at the time the award is granted. Residency means that Vermont is your primary residence, and is the address you use for legal forms, state income taxes, car registration, driver’s license or state issued ID, and/or voter registration
- are eighteen years of age or older at the time of application
- have submitted all required reports on any prior Council grants
- are practicing artists. The Vermont Arts Council defines a practicing artist as: A person that intentionally creates or practices art who:
- Vermont artist groups who: have one member who meets all of the above requirements and is assigned as representative of the group.
For more information, visit Artist Development Grant.