The City of Beaverton is inviting applicants for its The Reser: Seasonal Beer Label Design Contest.
Donor Name: City of Beaverton
State: Oregon and Washington
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Contest
Size of the Grant: $500
The Patricia Reser Center for the Arts (“The Reser”) is the first performing arts center of its kind to be built in the Portland-metro area in more than 30 years. The facility includes a 550-seat theater, art galleries, rehearsal, workshop and meeting space, lobby, outdoor plaza, and adjacent parking structure. With innovative offerings in the arts – theater, music, dance, visual art, film, and lectures – The Reser is a beacon for civic engagement, creative learning, and greater social cohesion.
The Reser Gallery is dedicated to serving artists of all levels and abilities. Through programming, they are proud to offer intentional and inclusive exhibitions featuring regional northwest artists, emerging talents, and occasional touring exhibitions that encourage patrons and the community at large to be actively engaged in the arts. It believes that providing quality experiences for artists, visitors and citizens alike benefits us all.
The goal is to provide unique visual and interactive art exhibitions year-round that foster relationships with new and established artists, culture enthusiasts, and broader community. They curate an array of intentional, thought-provoking, cultural, social, experiential, and historical exhibitions through a series of well-rounded invitational, juried, call-for-artist opportunities, and thematically based exhibitions. The aim is to enhance opportunities by offering thought-provoking exhibitions that surprise, touch hearts, evoke curiosity, entertain, and encourage deeper conversations. It values the arts as an essential element within the diverse Beaverton community and are excited to share programming.
- Artists with winning artwork label designs will be notified and offered an honorarium of $500 per design selected.
- Must use the provided template to create your design(s). Art can surround the background but cannot block the information on the template.
- Art can be full color, Black & White, or a combination of.
- Artwork must be original creations by the submitting artist. Additionally, artists must have legal rights to use any third-party material included in their design.
- Plagiarism or infringement of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited, and any such material will automatically result in disqualification.
- Artist can use any medium (digital illustration, painting, graphic design, mixed media, etc.) if it can be reproduced and printed on the can. The artist is solely responsible for digital reproductions and should apply with high-res reproduction images. (i.e. – the artist paints a design using oil pastel. The artists must have the image digitally photographed so they can submit the photo using the template requirements).
- The design should not include any offensive, explicit, or discriminatory content.
- Artists can submit up to 8 entries for consideration.
- All art submitted must be high resolution or vector art without pixilation in a digital format
- By submitting an entry, artists grant the contest host the right to reproduce and showcase their work for promotional or marketing purposes with proper credit to the original artist.
- All portfolio submittals will be evaluated by a jury that includes representatives from Tualatin Valley Creates, Binary Brewing, Lionheart Coffee Company, The Reser, and Westside Artwerks. Three final selections will be made for each beer label. Artists will be notified of the final selection. All selected artists will have an opportunity to review a printing proof of the can.
- Artists must reside in Oregon or SW Washington
- All work must be original and created solely by the artist (or artist team if applicable).
- Artwork by students and youth is acceptable and encouraged!
For more information, visit City of Beaverton.