Home » Arts and Culture » Quad City Arts’ Visual Artist Grant Program – Iowa and Illinois

Quad City Arts’ Visual Artist Grant Program – Iowa and Illinois

WhatsApp
Email
LinkedIn
Twitter
Facebook

Visual Artist Grants support visual artists who demonstrate exceptional creativity in the arts, innovation, and contribute to the vitality of the Quad City Region.

Donor Name: Quad City Arts

States: Iowa and Illinois

Counties: Henry County (IL), Mercer County (IL), Rock Island County (IL), Clinton County (IA), Muscatine County (IA), Scott County (IA)

Type of Grant: Grant

Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/31/2022

Size of the Grant: $5,000

Grant Duration: 9 months

Details:

Selected artists will be offered professional development designed specifically for artists and be granted $5,000 where up to 20% can be allocated to artist salary. Applications will be evaluated by panels of community volunteers based on their Artist Resume or CV, Work Samples, and Narrative. Additionally, artists will be asked to attend an in-person meeting with the panel prior to receiving funding.

Quad City Arts is committed to recognizing the impact of individual artists. Arts Dollars’ Visual Artist Grants to provide support to artists who demonstrate exceptional creativity in the arts, innovation, and contribute to the vitality of the arts in the Quad City Region. Visual Artist Grants are an opportunity for a visual artist to grow professionally.

Individual Visual Artists are invited to apply for Quad City Arts first Visual Artist Grant. Artists will be asked to participate in two meetings and attend professional development workshops.

Funding Information

Artists will be granted $5,000, where up to 20% can be allocated to “artist salary” and the remaining 80% can be used for materials and project costs. Visual Artist Grants are intended to give an artist the freedom to grow, as they see fit.

Requirements

  • Grant dollars must be expended between April 1, 2022, and December 31, 2022.
  • Individual artists must meet both of the following criteria:
    • at least 18 years of age
    • current resident of Rock Island, Henry, or Mercer county in Illinois, or Scott, Clinton, or Muscatine county in Iowa, for the past 12 consecutive months
  • Attend two meetings. Meetings will be scheduled with input from the chosen applicants.
  • Attend professional development session (topics and times, TBD).

For more information, visit Visual Artist Grants.

Looking for Grants? Become a Member to search and filter grant information and receive latest grant alerts in your email inbox. Learn more.