Project Grant for Artists assists individual artists in Maine with the creation of new work, the continuation of existing practices, and participation in professional development programs and activities. Projects can be in any artistic discipline and on any scale.
Donor Name: Maine Arts Commission
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/14/2022
Size of the Grant: $2,500
Grant awards may be used to purchase supplies, materials, equipment and for production costs, installations, tours, planning, production preparation, exhibition costs, documentation of work and workshops.
Grant amount awarded $2,500.
All applicants must have an active Maine Arts Commission account and current Vendor Code to receive funding. An individual is eligible to apply if they meet all of the following criteria at the time of application:
- Have resided full-time in Maine for at least one year immediately prior to the application deadline.
- Will reside full-time in Maine throughout the project period.
- Are at least 18 years of age or older by the application deadline.
- Are not a student enrolled in a degree or certificate-granting program.
- Is in compliance with Final Reports required by the Maine Arts Commission for previous awards.
Artist-specific application information:
- ‘DUNS Number’ does not apply to individual artist applicants; just enter “1”
- If your contact information has changed in the past year you will need to fill out a new Vendor Form
- An artist may not apply for the Artist Project Grant and the Springboard Grant in the same grant cycle
Grant awards may not be re-granted nor used to cover the costs of brick-and-mortar projects, permanent or capital equipment over $4,999 in value, operating support, or fundraising.
Grant applications are reviewed on a competitive basis using the following criteria
- Artistic excellence and artistic merit of the project plan, components, and outcomes. (30%)
- Project shows evidence of benefit to the applicant. (30%)
- Project shows evidence of community impact. (10%)
- Applicant shows strong capacity to complete the project successfully. (20%)
- Application overall quality. (10%)
For more information, visit Project Grant for Artists.