NYSCA Future Culture Creative Placemaking Grant, part of Staten Island Arts’ Regrant programs, are public funds made available for art and cultural projects that constitute direct services to the residents of Staten Island.
Donor Name: Staten Island Arts
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $2,500
These grants support Staten Island artists creating new work in a community setting that connects places and people using arts and culture on Staten Island’s North Shore. An essential element of this funding is community engagement. The project must engage a segment of the community through a public program and/or include community involvement in the development and creative process of the project.
This grant program seeks qualified applicants for creative placemaking projects that give a prominent role to local artists and/or communities, enhance livability in the community, and test recommendations established by Future Culture: Connecting Staten Island’s Waterfront, a joint project by Design Trust for Public Space and Staten Island Arts. All art and artistic cultural disciplines – music, dance, digital/new media, film/video/animation, folk arts, interdisciplinary events/festivals, public art, theatre, performing and visual arts – will be considered.
The project aims to shape and communicate a vision for culture along Staten Island’s rapidly developing North Shore waterfront that:
- Supports and promotes unique cultural communities
- Develops art and cultural activities that connect places and people
- Strengthens the relationship between the cultural sector and owners and stewards of property
Grants are awarded in the amount of $2,500.
- All applicants must be Staten Island residents.
This grant may not be used as additional funding for existing programs (such as arts-in-education or recreational programs) or other NYSCA grant funded programs; however, individuals may apply to both this and other DCLA funded grant programs.
- Individuals—Individuals with proof of current Staten Island residency. Must have a valid Social Security number.
- Collectives – Artist collectives with at least one active member with proof of current Staten Island residency. Must have a valid Social Security number.
For more information, visit Creative Placemaking Grant.