Funded by the National Endowment for the Arts with American Rescue Plan Act funds, the Miami Individual Artists (MIA) Stipend Program provides artistic fees and stipends to produce performances, presentations, exhibitions, workshops, research, and/or the creation of artwork to individual artists of all disciplines in Miami-Dade County on a competitive basis.
Donor Name: Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs
County: Miami-Dade County (FL)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/24/2022
Size of the Grant: $5,000
Grant Duration: 7 months
In recognition of the contributions of Miami-Dade’s outstanding artists to the fundamental vitality and creativity of the cultural community, the MIA Stipend Program strongly encourages applications from professional artists of the highest caliber, with a recognized body of original artwork, who are deeply rooted in Miami’s diverse cultural life.
Applicants may request up to $5,000 in artistic fees or stipends; limited to one (1) request per applicant.
Present a project during the program funding period of March 1, 2022 – September 30, 2022.
Eligible Project Types
- Creation of artwork
To be eligible to apply, an artist must:
- Be a working professional artist (defined as a person who has created a recognized body of work over a sustained period and pursues this work as a means of livelihood).
- Professionals who work directly with individual artists – such as curators, arts administrators, producers, or presenters – are not eligible to apply;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be a legal full-time resident of Miami-Dade County;
- Have resided and worked in Miami-Dade County for at least one (1) full calendar year prior to the application deadline;
Students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees, non-professionals who engage in the arts as a hobby or employees and advisory board members of Miami-Dade County and their immediate families are not eligible.
- Dance (dancers, choreographers, dance artists, etc.)
- Film/Video/Media Arts (computer/digital artists, etc.)
- Folk/Traditional Arts (artisans, ceramicists, etc.)
- Literary Arts (writers, poets, etc.)
- Music (composers, musicians, singers, etc.)
- Theater/Playwriting (playwrights, designers, actors, etc.)
- Visual Arts (artists, photographers, etc.)
For more information, visit Miami Individual Artists (MIA) Stipend Program.