The City of Santa Ana is seeking applications for its Investing in the Artist Grant: Individual Artists to support ambitious projects that embrace experimentation and focus on process, as well as emerging artist essentials, such as materials, supplies, or business and website fees.
Donor Name: The City of Santa Ana
City: Santa Ana
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Up to $10,000
Grant Duration: 12 months
The City of Santa Ana will support innovative art projects and/or arts-based programs that encourage creativity and cooperation, building community, and supporting the local creative economy. The projects must be participatory and include an interactive component with the artwork or program itself. An example of an art program would be a hands-on workshop, and for visual art, the spectator can be become part of the artwork in some way.
These grants serve as a catalyst to further artist’s work while living and creating in Santa Ana, resulting in a more vibrant and diverse local art scene.
- Activating geographical areas in Santa Ana underserved by the arts
- Collaborations/partnerships among different entities
- The Arts & Culture Office is seeking to award grants in the amounts of up to $10,000 for individual artists who will enrich and invigorate the Santa Ana arts and culture landscape with participatory art and will be distributed in three (3) payments.
- The grant period will be for 12 months and will require an interim and a final report of outcomes achieved, including an itemized budget with documentation such as receipts.
- Visual ↔ Performing ↔ Musical ↔ Literary ↔ Film ↔ Textile ↔ Multimedia ↔ Industrial ↔ Fashion ↔ Culinary
- Artists must be currently living and creating work in Santa Ana or create a work that is for the benefit of Santa Ana residents and/or stimulate economic development for the City of Santa Ana.
- Project must be completed in Santa Ana, directly serve the Santa Ana residents, and/or stimulate economic development for the City of Santa Ana.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18.
- Applicant must attend one Information Session.
- Applicants may not apply for consecutive grant cycles for the same project.
- Only one application per project will be accepted. Artists may not apply separately for the same project.
- Grant recipients who have not completed their projects from prior grant cycles will not be eligible to apply this year. This includes completing their final reports.
- Applicants engaged in active litigation with the City and/or have active code enforcement violations, or a history of multiple code enforcement violations are not eligible for the program.
- Scholarly research, tuition, or academic expenses.
- Projects held, performed, or exhibited outside of the City of Santa Ana.
- Programs that are not accessible to the public.
- Projects with religious purposes that serve to proselytize.
For more information, visit Investing in the Artist Grant.