Donor Name: Greater Columbus Arts Council
County: Franklin County (OH)
Type of Grant: Grant
Type of Entity: Individuals
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/18/2022
Size of the Grant: $1,200
Grant Duration: 1 year
This grant is designed to assist artists with the cost of materials, supplies and resources used to create new work, professional development or learning opportunities (no travel) and/or marketing or promotional expenses.
You may request up to $1,200. You may receive a partial award based on the recommendations of the committee, funds available, and/or documentation provided.
- Note: Awarded applicants will also receive a 1099 for awards $600 and over.
This grant program is for individuals across disciplines who meet the following criteria:
- Are professional, working artists (age 18 and older);
- Definition: individuals who devote a significant portion of their time to the creation of personal artwork. The professional artist is likely paid for performances, sells their artwork, or shares their independent body of work with the public on a regular basis. Individuals working in a creative industry primarily producing commercial work are not eligible. Artists should be focused on realizing their own creative or aesthetic ideas, rather than on documentation or journalism. The term “artist” applies broadly across disciplines, including performing, visual, literary, film, fashion and multi-disciplinary artists.
- Live in Franklin County for at least one year prior to application; OR
- Live in a county bordering Franklin County for at least one year prior to application AND primarily exhibit, perform, produce or present artistic work in the city of Columbus; (you will be required to upload proof of residency after you are awarded before any funds are dispersed.)
- Are NOT enrolled as degree-seeking undergraduate students.
NOTE: Award recipients must remain residents of Central Ohio for the entire grant period (one year).
For more information, visit Greater Columbus Arts Council.