The Greater Columbus Arts Council is accepting applications to assist bands and ensembles creating together on a permanent basis in making new art, growing artistic skills, and marketing to a broader audience.
Donor Name: Greater Columbus Arts Council
County: Franklin County (OH)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/15/2022
Size of the Grant: $2,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
You may request up to $2,000. You may receive a partial award based on the recommendations of the committee, funds available, and/or documentation provided.
Any band/ensemble that has at least two consistent members and a history of creating together under the same name for at least one year prior to the application is considered a permanent group. 501(c)(3) organizations are NOT eligible. Individual artists working on collaborative projects are NOT eligible for the Band/Ensemble application. All members of the group must also meet the following requirements:
- Are professional, working artists (age 18 and older);
- Definition: individuals who devote a significant portion of their time to the creation of personal artwork. The professional artist is likely paid for performances, sells their artwork, or shares their independent body of work with the public on a regular basis. Individuals working in a creative industry primarily producing commercial work are not eligible. The artists should be focused on realizing their own creative or aesthetic ideas, rather than on documentation or journalism. The term “artist” applies broadly across disciplines, including performing, visual, literary, film, fashion and multi-disciplinary artists.
- Live in Franklin County for at least one year prior to application; OR
- Live in a county bordering Franklin County for at least one year prior to application AND primarily exhibit, perform, produce or present artistic work in the city of Columbus (you will be required to upload proof of residency after you are awarded before any funds are dispersed);
- Are NOT enrolled as degree-seeking undergraduate students.
NOTE: Award recipients must remain residents of Central Ohio for the entire grant period (one year).
For more information, visit Greater Columbus Arts Council.