Donor Name: Delaware Valley Arts Alliance
State: New York
County: Delaware County (NY)
Type of Grant: Exhibition
Type of Entity: Artists and Curators
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/29/2022
DVAA’s Visual Arts program includes solo, two-person, group, and curated exhibitions. In addition, DVAA produces pop-up exhibitions, hosts artist talks, and related programs throughout the year.
The exhibition program features high-quality work by emerging and professional artists with an emphasis on those who live and work full or part-time in the Mid-Hudson, Catskill, or Upper Delaware River Regions. All media and styles are welcome as are installations and proposals by curators.
- Each year following an open call for entries, DVAA convenes a jury of three to five visual arts professionals to select the exhibitions for the following year.
- DVAA facilitates a “blind-jurying process” meaning that all applicants are represented by a number and their names are withheld.
- Jurying is based solely on the projected images of artwork, so it’s important to submit consistent, high-quality images.
- DVAA assembles a new panel of jurors each year, so artists are strongly encouraged to re-apply if their work is not selected.
- Artists who have previously received solo exhibitions may reapply after 5 years. (E.g. if you received a solo show in 2018, you are eligible may apply for a show in 2023).
- For curated or juried exhibition proposals, individuals serving in the role of curator/juror may not include themselves or direct relations in proposed exhibitions.
DVAA will notify applicants via email by April 1, 2022.
For more information, visit Delaware Valley Arts Alliance.