Apply for a grant to help continue your professional development, support your artistic career, share your art, and teach others.
Donor Name: City of Boston
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/28/2022
Grants Size: $5,000 and $10,000
The Opportunity Fund has two grant categories:
- Artist Career Development Grant: Artists living in Boston who want to pursue one-time artistic opportunities to further their career can apply for $5,000 grants.
- Community Arts Experiences Grant: Artists, teaching artists, creative workers, and cultural practitioners who would like to bring free arts experiences into a Boston community can apply for $10,000.
This year, they are prioritizing:
- artists who live or work in communities that have had the highest rates of COVID-19, like Dorchester, East Boston, Hyde Park, and Mattapan
- artists from demographics that saw the most economic impact due to COVID-19, including women, people of color, immigrants, artists who have lower levels of education, and artists who identify as LGBTQIAP+, and
- artistic professions that were most economically impacted by COVID-19, like the performing and teaching artists.
Individual artists of all artistic backgrounds and disciplines, teaching artists, creative workers, and cultural practitioners living in the city of Boston who want to pursue meaningful one-time artistic opportunities to further their career can apply. An individual artist can also apply on behalf of an artist collective, artist group, band, etc. You can apply for funding to support:
- Professional development opportunities
- An artistic project, or projects, and
- Materials and artistic career expenses.
For more information, visit City of Boston.