The On-Ramp Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator program includes a three-day intensive entrepreneurship and community engagement workshop and up to $2,000 to put the lessons into action. Cohorts become incredible networks of support and collaboration. Don’t be surprised if you leave feeling like you’ve just met your long-lost family.
Donor Name: Indiana Arts Commission
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/06/2022
Size of the Grant: $2,000
The program and workshop were designed by Elaine Grogan Luttrull of Minerva Financial Arts and teaches entrepreneurship to artists and creative professionals by focusing on a portfolio career, a community-engaged artistic practice, and key business concepts, including:
- Defining value
- Identifying customers
- Communicating with customers (marketing strategy)
- Identifying allies and partners
- Communicating with allies and partners
- Identifying key resources
- Protecting assets and creativity
- Managing expenses
- Generating revenue
- Planning for uncertainty
Participants are assessed three times throughout the accelerator to track how knowledgeable they feel about business areas, how likely they are to take action, how much control they believe they have, and how they see themselves growing.
- On-Ramp cohorts experience see massive increases that sustain over time. Even a year after the workshop, they have much more confidence in business skills, are more likely to take action in business, believe they have much more control, and are able to see their own growth.
- Artists who participated in On-Ramp have been more resilient through the economic pressures of the COVID-19 pandemic compared to artists across the nation.
- Through their fellowship projects, cohorts make progress on their career goals, secure new or bigger opportunities and expand their reach and deepen their validity as a professional.
- Applicants must be an individual. Organizations may not apply.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be an Indiana resident and remain a full time Indiana resident through the end of the fellowship period (August 31, 2023)
- May not have been a past On-Ramp participant
- Artist’s primary discipline must be one of the following:
- Opera/Music Theatre
- Visual Arts
- Design Arts, including architecture, fashion, graphic, industrial, interior, landscape architecture, and urban/metropolitan
- Crafts – including clay, fiber, glass, leather, metal, paper, plastic, wood and mixed media
- Media Arts – including film, audio, video, and work created using technology or experimental digital media
- Multidisciplinary – art forms that integrate more than one arts discipline listed above to form a single practice
- Folklife/Traditional Arts – oral, customary, material and performance traditions informally learned and transmitted in contexts characteristic of ethnic, religious, linguistic, occupational, and/or religious groups.
- Does not include folk-inspired forms.
For more information, visit On-Ramp Creative Entrepreneur Accelerator Program.