Donor Name: Nebraska Arts Council
County: All County
Type of Grant: Fellowship
Size of the Grant: $1,000 and $5,000
Grant Duration: 1 year
The Individual Artist Fellowship program recognizes artists in Nebraska. Fellowship recipients are chosen by a professional panel according to the merit of their work. Funds must be used for the creation of new art, presentations, training, and/or research.
The fellowship program rotates among three umbrella categories of artistic achievement: literature (fiction, non-fiction, poetry); filmmaking and performing arts (choreography, playwriting, composition, interdisciplinary performance); and visual arts (painting/drawing, photography, ceramics, installation, mixed media, printmaking, glass, sculpture, textiles, video).
Applicants may be awarded between $1,000 and $5,000 through the Individual Artist Fellowship program. Funds must be used for the creation of new art, presentations, training, and/or research.
- Applicants must be 19 years old or older and a resident of Nebraska for two years prior to the application date and remain a resident of Nebraska during the fellowship award period of one year.
- In addition, applicants must also submit an attestation of Nebraska residency at least 24 months before submission and attestation of intent to remain in Nebraska during the fellowship, if selected.
- Applicants must not be enrolled in an undergraduate program in the artistic field in which the application is being made. Applicants may be enrolled in graduate or certificate-granting program in the artistic field in which the application is being made, the strength of the portfolio outside the graduate or certificate-granting program will be assessed.
- All applicants must be the originator of the submitted work, not an interpreter of the work of others.
- Previous winners are eligible to reapply. Previous winners must complete their grant award requirements and Final Report to be eligible, submit work not previously part of an award-winning application, and can only apply every three years.
For more information, visit Nebraska Arts Council.