With a mission to strengthen the field of dance in Greater Boston, Next Steps for Boston Dance provides multi-layered support for Greater Boston’s choreographers and Circus Artists.
Donor Name: The Boston Foundation
County: Selected Counties
City/ Town: Selected Cities/ Towns
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: $6,000
This grant program supports choreographers and circus artists creating original work in any dance genre to move forward and take a “next step” in their careers by providing:
- $5,000 of paid rehearsal space that can be used in a wide variety of venues
- Five consulting meetings with expert advisors in areas of need and/or interest to the artist including artistic, technical, communication and planning
- $6,000 in implementation funds to create or complete a project or take a “next step” in an artist’s work or career
- Cohort meetings to connect choreographers and allow them to share and learn from each other
- Access to ongoing support for grantees that continues post the grant period: includes project funds, advice, and workshops
- Grant value is over $12,500.00
Next Steps grants require that the recipient both lives and works in Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth or Suffolk County.
- Artists must have choreographed and presented work in a public [non- educational institution] setting [on line presentations accepted] within the last 3 years.
- Candidates must be creating original work; there are no genre-restrictions.
- Candidates’ primary residences must be located inside the Boston Foundation Catchment area.
- Post-Secondary students currently seeking and working toward dance and related degrees are ineligible to apply.
For more information, visit TBF.