The Individual Artists Program aims to assist Chicago’s practicing artists in creating work that develops their craft and elevates their careers, while adding to the cultural vitality of the city of Chicago.
Donor Name: Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE)
Type of Grant: Grant
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/07/2022
Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events (DCASE) received an unprecedented increase to the Cultural Grants Program budget in 2022, which has doubled the funds available through this program this year.
Through this program, DCASE will award project grants to resident Chicago artists.
Individual Artists Program (IAP) Grants support the creation, development, or presentation of artwork and professional development.
This program seeks to address the following goals, in support of its mission:
- To make grants in alignment with artists’ self-identified, unique and evolving needs.
- To address gaps in local and national individual artist funding infrastructures.
- To support a diverse group of artists reflective of the city of Chicago and its cultural landscape.
Grants support artists across all artistic disciplines including:
To be eligible to apply for funding from the Individual Artists Program, applicants must meet each of the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a resident of the city of Chicago, Illinois (proof of Chicago residency is required for application – they will only accept a Driver’s License, State of Illinois ID or Chicago CityKey)
- Must not be enrolled full time in undergraduate college/university studies of any kind.
Please Note: An artist can receive funding through IAP for up to two consecutive years before being required to take one year off from applying. If you have received a grant in 2020 and 2021, you may not apply for the 2022 cycle.
For more information, visit Individual Artists Program (IAP).