Donor Name: Kresge Arts in Detroit
Counties: Macomb County (MI), Oakland County (MI), Wayne County (MI)
Type of Grant: Fellowship
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 01/20/2022
Size of the Grant: $25,000
Kresge Artist Fellowships are $25,000 awards, plus professional development support and the creation of a short film highlighting the artist’s work. Artists of all career stages are invited to apply. Fellowships recognize creative vision and commitment to excellence within a wide range of artistic disciplines, including artists who have been academically trained, self-taught artists, and artists whose art forms have been passed down through cultural heritage.
Fellowships is no strings attached awards, meaning artists may spend the money on any aspect of their creative practice or life (i.e. making new work, renting or purchasing studio space, travel, general living expenses, paying off debt, etc.).
- Live Arts: This category focuses on live performing arts including Dance, Choreography, Theatre Directing, Playwriting, Performance Art, and Interdisciplinary Work.
- Film & Music: This category focuses on Film Directing, Screenwriting, Animation, Music Composition, Music Performance, Sound Art, and Interdisciplinary Work.
To apply you must:
- be 18 years or older, and
- be a current legal resident of Macomb, Oakland, or Wayne county, and
- have resided in Macomb, Oakland, or Wayne county for at least the two years prior to the application deadline (January 20, 2020–January 20, 2022), and
- intend to remain a resident of the tri-county area throughout the year-long fellowship period (July 2022–July 2023).
Who may not apply?
- Students working toward any degree at the time of application, or individuals planning to begin a degree-granting program during the fellowship year (July 2022–July 2023), with the exception of ABD (all but dissertation) status Ph.D. candidates
- Individuals who received a Kresge Artist Fellowship within the last four years (2018-2021)
- Kresge Eminent Artist Award recipients
- Current Kresge Artist Fellowship panelists, staff members of Kresge Arts in Detroit and The Kresge Foundation, or immediate family members of any of these individuals
If your application makes it to the final round of consideration for an award, you will be required to submit materials to document your legal residency in the tri-county area for the last two years.
For more information, visit Kresge Artist Fellowships.