The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Division of Research Programs is accepting applications for the NEH-Mellon Fellowships for Digital Publication program. The purpose of this program is to support individual scholars pursuing significant humanities projects that require digital expression and digital publication.
Donor Name: National Endowment for the Humanities
State: All States
Type of Grant: Fellowship
Type of Entity: Individuals
Deadline (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/20/2022
Size of the Grant: $60,000
Grant Duration: 6-12 months
NEH-Mellon Fellowships for Digital Publication provide recipients time to conduct research, prepare publications, and develop and incorporate multimedia components using existing technologies and platforms. Products must be published in digital form and include, but are not limited to, monographs, peer-reviewed articles, websites, virtual exhibitions, translations with annotations or a critical apparatus, and critical editions.
NEH-Mellon Fellowships for Digital Publication provide recipients time to conduct research and prepare digital publications. Successful projects will likely incorporate images, video, audio, manipulatable elements, and/or other multimedia materials or flexible reading pathways not possible in traditionally published books. Successful projects also typically have an active distribution plan. Anticipated products must be published in digital form and include, but are not limited to, monographs, peer-reviewed articles, websites, virtual exhibitions, translations with annotations or a critical apparatus, and critical editions. Projects may be at any stage of development.
NEH invites research applications from scholars in all disciplines of the humanities and related subfields of the social sciences, and it encourages submissions from independent scholars and junior scholars.
- The period of performance is six to twelve months at a stipend of $5,000 per month. The maximum award is $60,000 for a twelve-month period of performance.
- Your period of performance must begin between January 1, 2023, and September 1, 2023.
The NEH-Mellon Fellowships for Digital Publication program accepts applications from individuals who meet the following requirements.
- U.S. citizens, whether they reside inside or outside the United States, are eligible to apply. Foreign nationals who have been living in the United States or its jurisdictions for at least the three years prior to the application deadline are also eligible. Foreign nationals who take up permanent residence outside the United States any time between the application deadline and the end of the period of performance will forfeit their eligibility to hold an award. Leaving the U.S. on a temporary basis is permitted.
- Currently enrolled students
- While applicants need not have advanced degrees, individuals currently enrolled in a degree granting program are ineligible to apply. Applicants who have satisfied all the requirements for a degree and are awaiting its conferral are eligible, but such applicants must include a letter from the dean of the conferring school or the department chair attesting to their status as of the application deadline in Attachment 6: Degree conferral.
For more information, visit Grants.gov.