The Renton Municipal Arts Commission is now accepting applications from individuals, organizations, and community groups for the 2024 Arts & Culture Grants.
Donor Name: Renton Municipal Arts Commission
Type of Grant: Grant
Size of the Grant: Up to $10,000
The Arts & Culture Grants initiative generates community driven artistic endeavors, fostering a deeper connection to the arts among Renton residents. Embracing the vibrancy of Renton’s cultural mosaic, the commission welcomes inventive projects that celebrate diversity, enhance individual and societal understanding, and ignite fresh avenues of artistic engagement. Special attention goes to projects empowering underserved communities. These grants support diverse artistic programming, encompassing art exhibitions, concerts, dance performances, festivals, educational workshops, readings, and theatre productions.
The grants support diverse arts and culture projects and events accessible to the Renton community at large.
Applicants can secure grants of up to $10,000 and are limited to one per calendar year for each eligible applicant.
Grant Awards have been used to:
- Produce one-time performances, exhibits, special events or programs that bring arts or cultural experiences to Renton residents.
- Provide opportunities for independent artists to develop and present new work in all mediums.
- Improve arts and cultural opportunities for artists and audiences from diverse communities.
- Participatory and educational opportunities for youth, multicultural, seniors, and special populations.
- Increase access to arts and cultural events by providing discount tickets and/or free educational programs.
- Individuals, groups of people (all ages), neighborhood or business organizations seeking funding for an art project or cultural event
- Independent Artists, Arts and Cultural organizations, including professional and community-based groups
- IRS not-for-profit status – 501 (c)(3) – is not required.
- A City of Renton business license may be required.
For more information, visit Renton Municipal Arts Commission.