Donor Name: BestColleges
State: All States
County: All Counties
Type of Grant: Scholarship
Size of the Grant: $6,000
This Scholarship Contest is administered by The University Network (TUN, Inc.), a Delaware corporation.
On average, Black women in STEM earn salaries that are 45% lower than their highest-paid peers. BestColleges is committed to breaking down barriers for students in underrepresented communities, who desire careers in the most competitive fields.
Five (5) scholarships will be awarded, each consisting of a check in the amount of US $6,000 made payable to each winner’s school, for the benefit of the winner’s education expenses (the “Scholarship Prize”).
- This Scholarship Contest is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
- You must intend to enroll or be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited college or university in the United States for the 2023-24 academic year.
- You must be at least 17 years old.
- This scholarship is for individuals who identify as a cisgender, transgender, or gender non-conforming Black woman, and who are pursuing a STEM-related field.
- be original to you and not previously published or submitted to any other contest, sweepstakes or promotion (and you must own or control the copyright to your Entry and have sufficient rights to submit the work to this Scholarship Contest and to grant permission to the Sponsor to use the Entry);
- be suitable for general audiences and not offensive, obscene, defamatory or illegal; and
- not contain any personally-identifiable information of any person other than yourself nor violate the rights of others or any applicable law. Personally-identifiable information is any information or data that could potentially be used to identify a particular person, such as a full name, social security number, driver’s license number, or email address.
The Administrator will select five (5) winning Entries in accordance with the following criteria:
- Category 1: Thoughtfulness of response – Fifty percent (50%)
- Category 2: Relevance to question – Thirty percent (30%)
- Category 3: Quality of composition – Fifteen percent (15%)
- Category 4: Grammatical accuracy – Five percent (5%) In the case of a tie, winner submissions will be selected based on their thoughtfulness of response and relevance to the question, as compared to the other finalists.
For more information, visit BestColleges.